vineri, 20 decembrie 2013

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (Spoilers)

I only read this book of the series, and I didn't love it as much as I expected to. Everyone was talking about it, maybe it just wasn't for me. I usually like books with normal people, not hideous people, not gorgeous people, just normal people. And here the uglies were described as hideous and the pretties were described as fantastically beautiful. Basically in this Dystopian, everyone lives in Uglyville and they look normal (I think!) and when they turn sixteen they get a surgery which changes everything about them and makes them perfect apparently, and they get to move to New Pretty Town where they don't ever have to work or do anything they just need to have fun and look pretty. Tally, the main character is almost sixteen and her best friend, Paris already turned sixteen, got the surgery and moved to New Pretty Town and she's alone but she meets this girl Shay who is also almost sixteen. They have fun together but Shay doesn't want to become pretty so she runs away and they tell Tally that she has to find her friend or that she won't get her surgery. So Tally goes on this adventure and starts to see things a different way, she meets David and some other people, she likes David or something. I didn't love this book and I couldn't pay attention, I was distracted a lot during this book. Apparently Shay gets the surgery done and she develops a brain tumor or something like that and now Tally will become beautiful. I hope the next book is better. 2/5 stars.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu